of 1st Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival
«CrimeaDoc» - 2018
1.1. Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival «CrimeaDoc» – 2018 (hereinafter – Festival) is a permanent cultural project of the Republic of Crimea, held annually in the Republic of Crimea, in accordance with the program of the Festival.
The Festival will be hold in May 14 – 17, 2018.
1.2. The Festival program is approved by the Organizing Committee of the Festival (hereinafter – the Organizing Committee).
1.3. The Festival is founded by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Crimea.
1.4. The Festival is organized by the State-financed office of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media» with the support of the Documentary Films Association and Crimean Branch of the All-Russian Union of Cinematographers.
1.5. The Festival has the status of an Open and invites to participation in it regardless of the legal status any representative from different countries sharing the goals and objectives of the Festival.
Aims and goals
2.1. The goal of the Festival is the popularization and promotion of the documentary films, and also those referring to Crimea, as the effective factor for the development of Crimean cinematography and enhancement of the role of documentary in the extention of the multicultural relations.
2.2. The aims of the Festival are:
- raising the role of national cinema in developing international ties in the sphere of culture;
- discovery, encouragement and promoting of creative achievements in film;
- attracting to cinema halls people of different ages and nationalities;
- creating favorable conditions for acquainting the audience with the best works of Russian and the world cinema;
- creating the conditions for creative communications among the cinematographers.
3.1. The supreme body of the Festival is the Organizing Committee.
3.2. The members of the Organizing Committee and its Regulations are approved by the Ministry of Culture of the Crimea Republic.
3.3. The State-financed office of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media» is entrusted with duties of the Festival Management. It coordinates the organizational, financial, technical, informational and other assistance to al Festival activities.
4.1. The Festival Program consists of two parts – Main Competition and Out-of-competition screenings.
4.1.1. The Main Competition consists of such nominations:
- «Crimea on the documentary screen» (history, culture, events, persons) that are produced in any country, short (but not shorter than 7 min) and full-length, made after 2015;
- «Documentary Premières in Crimea» (the first screening of the film in Crimea) that is produced in any country, short (but not shorter than 7 min) and full-length, made in 2017 – 2018.
4.1.2. Out-of-competition screenings
- retrospective screenings;
- «Film Mosaic of Festivals»: the best films from the Russian Film Festivals in 2017;
- «The Crimean debut» (films of the young filmmakers).
Conditions of Participation
5.1. Those wishing to participate in Competition should submit an application form to the Festival management during February till March the 25th, 2018.
The Selection board selects films for the screenings. Films for the consideration by the Selection board are presented on-line.
5.2 The ultimate decision of the Selection board concerning each submitted film, will be sent prior to the date of the official press-conference (10.04.2018).
5.3. The program of film screenings at the Festival is determined by the Management. During the Festival each film can be screened not more than 5 times including press screenings.
5.4. Films, that will participate in the «Films about Crimea» nomination, must have been completed not earlier than 2015.
World and international premieres are preferred for competition programs.
5.5 Not less than 6 films participate in the «Films about Crimea» nomination.
5.6 Not less than 10 films participate in the «Documentary Premières in Crimea» nomination, must have been completed 2017 – 2018.
5.7. For screening are accepted Films on mp4, m2ts, mkv of SD or HD quality.
5.8. Screening film copies for the Festival Competitions should be submitted in the language of the original and in case the original language is not Russian should have Russian subtitles.
5.9 Prints of the films participating in Competitions should be received by the Festival management not later than April the 25th 2018.
5.10 All the conditions and deadlines specified by the Terms and Conditions are mandatory. Otherwise the Festival Management is entitled to exclude the film from the festival program.
6.1 A filled-in entry form for each film confirming the participation in the Festival, should be received by the Management not later than March the 25th 2018.
6.2 A message of participation in the Festival should be accompanied by the following documents sent to the Management not later that April the 15th 2018:
- complete transcription of the film in the original with Russian subtitles and in Russian;
- synopsis, promotional materials, press releases;
- trailer and movie stills (not less than 300 dpi of jpg format or tiff, not less than 500 Kb);
- information for the catalogue (information about the filmmakers, photos including that of the director and film stills).
7.1. The Festival Jury consists of 5 persons.
7.2. Individuals related to the creation or commercial distribution of films participating in the competition, cannot be members of the Jury.
7.3. Festival Management covers all the expenses of each Jury member during the Festival as well as travel expenses to the Festival and back.
Participants and guests of the Festival
8.1 Questions related to the invitation of Festival guests and participants, the duration and conditions of their stay and accreditation are the domain of the Management.
8.2. One person from the crew members of the film is invited to present a film, it can be a director or producer.
8.3. Representative must participate in the presentation of the film on the day of the screening as well as in the press-conference for the film.
8.4. The Festival Management covers the following expenses:
8.4.1 lodging during the entire duration of the Festival, travel expenses to the Festival and back of the representatives of the films in the main competition program.
8.5. Terms and conditions of other guests’ stay at the Festival are specified in their personal invitations.
8.6. Applications for the accreditation of Festival participants must be received by the Management not later than April the 15th 2018.
9.1 The Jury presents the following statuette awards «CrimeaDoc» to films in the Competition
- Grand-Prix – to the best film of both nominations
- For the best documentary film in the «Crimea on the documentary screen» nomination
- For the best documentary film in the «Documentary Première in Crimea» nomination
- For The Best Camera Work
- For The Best Debut
- Special Prize of the Jury (awarded according to the decision of the Jury)
9.3. The Organizing committee and the Management can award the following prizes
- the audience award «The Crimeans’ Choice» to the best Film in the competition according to the audience polls results (given to the director of the film)
- Special Prize of the founders of the Festival
- Other Prizes
9.4. The Partners and Sponsors of the Festival can award the Festival Films with their special Prizes.
9.5. Prize winners are expected to attend in person the awards ceremony.
10.1. Participation in the Festival presupposes compliance with all the articles of the present Regulations.
10.2 Address of the Management of The 1st Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival «CrimeaDoc» – 2018
295001, Russian Federation,
37 Krylova Street